Vocalist.org archive

From:  thomas mark montgomery <thomas8@t...>
thomas mark montgomery <thomas8@t...>
Date:  Fri Mar 2, 2001  6:44 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Tchaikovski

Dear Bruna, I'm not sure what song title might have danzen or tanzen if
the title because German would, as you know, be a translation of the
original Russian poems that Tchaikovsky set. One that might ring a bell
is "At the Ball" (of course, there are several translation titles for this
very famous song.) For recordings that might be easy for you to find,
mezzo Olga Borodina (Philips) and soprano Joan Rodgers (Hyperion) had solo
recitals, as does baritone Dmitri Hvorostovsky (Philips), though his
recital is shared with Rachmaninoff songs. There is also a complete
Tchaikovsky edition with soprano Nina Rautio, tenor Ilya Lewinsky and
baritone Sergei Leiferkus (Conifer). Good luck.

Mark Montgomery

> sound of my head, about a month ago my teacher passed me a piece of his
> called i don't know what danzen or tanzen, it's hard for me to remember
> cause i don't speak german(unhappily! i like to sing in german...) my
> question is about other tchaikovski vocal works, is there a cd??? or
> some cool songs u could indicate me :)))))

emusic.com