Vocalist.org archive

From:  Anne Cronvich <acronvich@h...>
Anne Cronvich <acronvich@h...>
Date:  Mon Feb 19, 2001  12:59 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] re: soft palate lift

With regard to the soft palate lift(regardless of voice quality used) I
have no problem raising my soft palate without lowering the larynx. My
first teacher back in 1965 used the old yawn to open the throat
technique which did indeed lower my larynx as well as lift the palate. I
later learned how to lift without lowering the larynx, therefore I don't
understand why many of you seam to feel that you can't have one without
the other. (I throw this out to the list, not really expecting a
response since I have the sneaking suspicion that I may not actually
exist, since many of my questions have gone unanswered, ignored etc.) Anne

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
9602 Re: soft palate lift Mezzoid@a...   Mon  2/19/2001   3 KB
9615 Re: soft palate lift Lloyd W. Hanson   Tue  2/20/2001   4 KB
9603 Re: soft palate lift Sheila Graham   Mon  2/19/2001   4 KB

emusic.com