Vocalist.org archive

From:  Ernie Valenzuela <erniev@2...>
Ernie Valenzuela <erniev@2...>
Date:  Sun Feb 18, 2001  6:03 pm
Subject:  'classical pop' singers was: [vocalist] strangest singer ever

----Original Message-----
>From: Ian Belsey <Idbelsey@y...>
>Subject: Re: [vocalist] strangest singer ever
>Date: Sunday, February 18, 2001 11:42 AM
>
>Actually the other way round.
>
>Englebert Humperdinck probably influenced Scott
>Walker!! Enge had been around all through the late
>fifties and sixties, so he would have been well know
>to the Walker Bros.
>
>Having seen Englebert several times in London, he's a
>marvellous turn too!! What a voice: a sort of male
>Shirley Bassey!! What I call classical pop. One of the
>highlights is when he does a number without the
>microphone, just to prove he can really sing!!
>
>Another tuppence ha'penny worth!!
>
>Ian

I wonder if this classical pop genre would include the likes of:
Roger Whittiker (sp?) &/or Sergio Franchi? Classically speaking -
would Tom Jones have been a powerful Cavalier Bariton or could
he have become a Heldentenor? TJ - what a *mensch*!

EV
who is really procrastinating from painting (as in 'pittore di bodega')
the window sills not the canvas :-/

emusic.com