Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Dre de Man" <dredeman@y...>
"Dre de Man" <dredeman@y...>
Date:  Sun Feb 4, 2001  11:02 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] OFF Weight Control

Judy wrote:
'PS--My personal experience has been that most men prefer women who are at
least somewhat voluptous (Marilyn Monroe as opposed to say, Callista
Flockhart). It's off topic, but I'd be interested to know what the men on
this list think'

Dear Judy and co vocalisters:

although I am not Don Giovanni, who loves them all, including 'la grande
majestosa', I must say, that this is a rather complicated issue. One thing is
clear: I've often talked about this with other men, and there are at least as
many opinions on this issue as there are men (those who think they have a
multiple personality disorder more than compensate for those who don't care).

In general I think that if a woman (and I think this is also true for men) has
a normal relation to food, she will look attractive, within some limitations.

But then their is
1. The pure esthetic preference
2. How strongly the sight of a woman makes you want to eh .., well you know
what Don Giovanni did.
3. What makes you fall in love with a woman, das unbestimmte Etwas, and as the
saying goes: the devil always enters through a different door, or even better,
the Russian saying I learned from my pianist: love can be so angry, it will
make you love a goat.

So although I do feel strongly attracted to tall, slim, dark-eyed women with
black hair, I've been madly in love with a small blue eyed blonde that was a
bit on the heavy side (but very intelligent), a honey with dito coloured hair
and green eyes who was neither slim nor heavy, a red haired ..., well I should
stop here, because it starts to sound like the register-aria, and this is a
slightly different libretto. One thing I can honestly say: there have never
been any bętisms with goats.

Best greetings,

Dré
(who is 145 pounds and 6 feet if he calculated wright (183cm/66kg) - since
about twenty years)

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
9049 Re: OFF Weight Control Greypins@a...   Mon  2/5/2001   2 KB

emusic.com