Vocalist.org archive

From:  Gina <classicalsinger@e...>
Gina <classicalsinger@e...>
Date:  Thu Jan 18, 2001  4:55 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Re: Studying Vocal Performance In College

> It would have saved me a lot
> of heartache and stress if I'd known more about sight reading and
> listening skills when I started in undergrad

I found that my church job at an Episcopal Parish improved my sight
reading tremendously! I also found it very useful when I was learning
to sight read to use the "song for each interval" approach. There is
literally a popular song for every interval. For example:

M2 or Major 2nd ascending - Silent Night, Holy Night
M2 or Major 2nd descending - Heaven, I'm in Heaven

etc. etc. etc. and on it goes! I can nail it every time!

Gina

emusic.com