Vocalist.org archive

From:  Karen Mercedes <dalila@R...>
Karen Mercedes <dalila@R...>
Date:  Mon Jan 8, 2001  5:51 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] warmth in the top

My teacher and I are working on sustaining the same resonance all through
the range, which I think is another way of describing what you feel you
lack in the top register.

I've found that the vocal imagery my teacher has me use - that of a
balloon rising at the same time a counterweight is falling, with the
balloon rising higher as the notes get higher, and the counterweight
falling lower at the same time - so that there an even longer vertical
stretch on the highest notes than on the middle notes.

Also, a general sense of a tall ellipse for the mouth shape helps me avoid
"spreading".

KM
=====
My NEIL SHICOFF Website:
http://www.radix.net/~dalila/shicoff/shicoff.html

My Website:
http://www.radix.net/~dalila/index.html

-----
Es en balde, majo mio, que sigas hablando
porque hay cosas que contesto yo
siempre cantando:
Tra la la...
Por mas que preguntes tanto: