Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Rocio Guitard" <rocioguitard@h...>
"Rocio Guitard" <rocioguitard@h...>
Date:  Fri Jan 5, 2001  5:56 pm
Subject:  Re: Grammy Nominees?!?! (to Denis)

Hi Denis,

I know who you are!!! You do lessons with Dave Stroud, don't you? I teach
with him in SF. Funny where you find people.

I totally share your integrity on the matter, and I know the Grammies don't
really have anything to do with real talent; I guess that's why they don't
call it "best vocalist" anymore but "best vocal performance". At least I
agree with Christine that Macy Gray's stuff has some depth to it.

What really bugs me is that Britney is lined up next to Christina Aguilera.
Not that her singing technique is much better, but I have to admit the girl
has an incredible talent and she does pull it off live (except the high
notes, figures). Britney can't sing live or anywhere, which she proved well
during her last appearance at last year's Grammies. She sucked so bad
everyone in the room started to look at each other, if you know what I mean,
and she's known for doing lip-sync only.

Radio stations in the SF bay area totally ripped on her (britney) when she
came out with oops i did it again; saying it was time for her to let go of
frog voice and grow up (and now that's the tune she's nominated for). I kind
of expected Aguilera to be nominated, but Britney?

So, should any of us Vocalisters ever win a Grammy or similar award, let's
make a point in our acceptance speeches, ok?

I already miss last year's ceremony. Seeing Santana, Elton John, Billy Joel,
Sting, Diana Krall and more incredible musicians of that caliber perform on
the same stage was really awesome, and seeing more veterans win awards. This
year it's the Spears-Eminem-N'Sync parade. Yahoo.

Rocio

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
8088 Re: Grammy Nominees?!?! (to Denis) Denis Lanza   Fri  1/5/2001   5 KB

emusic.com