Vocalist.org archive

From:  Margaret Harrison <peggyh@i...>
Margaret Harrison <peggyh@i...>
Date:  Wed Dec 20, 2000  11:24 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Scarlatti and composers from the same period

Hild wrote:

> Hi! My teacher passed me a song by Alessandro Scarlatti called O
> cessate di piagarmi and i really like it! I'd like to know if you can
> recommend me some song of Scarlatti's or composers from the same period,
> about the same level of difficulty. :) thanx
> Bruna

Go to a music store that has a good vocal music selection, and get the book "24
Italian
Songs and Arias". There are a couple of editions. The one edited by Alan Paton
has
translations and background information about the arias. You can also get this
online - I
know Barnes and Noble <http://www.bn.com> has sheet music, and I'm told
http://www.amazon.com> does as well, though I've never gotten music there.

Peggy