Vocalist.org archive

From:  Tako Oda <toda@m...>
Tako Oda <toda@m...>
Date:  Tue Dec 5, 2000  4:58 pm
Subject:  Re: Baroque Tenor

On Tue, 5 Dec 2000, Ingo Duckerschein wrote:
> That being said, there are some absolutely lovely tenor arias in the
> St. John's Passion and I wish I had the vocal equipment to sing them,
> but that's not going to happen I fear.

Ah, they are beautiful, but I wouldn't wish them on any tenor LOL - Bach's
writing seems almost sadistic in those arias! He must have hated tenors
[don't most basses?] ;-)

Now the Evangelist recitatives, on the other hand... gorgeous and such
natural writing! I almost wonder if that doesn't qualify as haute contre
role - it lies so high.

Tako

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
7350 Re: Baroque Tenor Lloyd W. Hanson   Tue  12/5/2000   5 KB
7353 Re: Baroque [counter]Tenor, castrati Tako Oda   Tue  12/5/2000   5 KB

emusic.com