Vocalist.org archive

From:  Mezzoid@a...
Mezzoid@a...
Date:  Wed Nov 29, 2000  3:13 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] getting back on track

In a message dated 11/28/2000 9:01:55 PM Central Standard Time,
jocelyngooch@h... writes:
jocelyngooch@h... writes:

<< Self promotion: I will be singing the soprano solos in the Christmas
section
of the Messiah at St. Joseph's in Alameda, Ca on December 3 at 4 p.m in a
sing-along, if any of you would like to join in. The next weekend (8, 9,
10)I sing one sing-along and two concerts of a longer version as soloist in
the auditorium next door to the Mormon Temple in Oakland California at 8
p.m.

Scarily enough, I'm also singing the soprano solo this weekend in a
singalong. I say scarily because I'm not a soprano. It's only the 3 recits
(#14-16) and the "I know that my redeemer liveth," all of which I know and
can sing. Apparently the conductor thought I was a soprano (the curse of the
bright-voiced mezzo!) and offered me the gig without specifying the voice
type; I assumed I was doing the alto and accepted (all of these occured over
a 4 day period via voice mail) and finally we spoke on Sunday and he told me
which numbers I was singing. I asked what the fee was and said, "Of course I
can sing those."

I'm kind of nervous; I really have to spend the next few days thinking on the
"other side of the hyphen."

Christine Thomas, Mezzo-SOPRANO
Wauwatosa, WI
<A HREF="http://hometown.aol.com/mezzoid/myhomepage/profile.html">
http://hometown.aol.com/mezzoid/myhomepage/profile.html</A>

"I love to sing-a, about the moon-a and the June-a and the spring-a"

emusic.com