Vocalist.org archive

From:  buzzcen@a...
buzzcen@a...
Date:  Wed Nov 1, 2000  8:46 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] "i" and "u": getting worse

In a message dated 11/1/00 1:33:40 PM Central Standard Time,
valevanni@m... writes:

<< One thing I noticed is that, in particular, "i" and "u" sounds have gotten
worse on high, although they were my preferites.

Up to 2 months ago, if I had to sing a C5 I preferred to sing "please" or
"Si' (italian Yes)" than "mine" or "far", now I fear "please".

Why this change on that vowels?

I have to go, on 11 Nov, to a ENT, but in the meantime I'd like to have an
idea of what might have been happened. >>

This is happening most likely because /i/ and /u/ induce vocal fold
lengthening and any swellings that may be there would interfere with that
type of production.

Randy Buescher

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
6175 Re: "i" and "u": getting worse Lloyd W. Hanson   Wed  11/1/2000   2 KB

emusic.com