Vocalist.org archive

From:  LMorgan923@a...
LMorgan923@a...
Date:  Wed Oct 25, 2000  2:07 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] RE: Empirical Science New: New Tone of List

In a message dated 10/25/2000 12:20:27 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
mikebarb@n... writes:
mikebarb@n... writes:

<< The scary thing is that recently Opera-L ,on the surface perhaps, seems to
be
more caring and tolerant (at least in regards of a particular individual)
while
Vocalist is becoming less so. Now I do love a stimulating debate, for it
can
clarify one's thinking. However, I think we are losing a politeness (for
lack
of a better word) that was really quite special. >>

Having been on Vocalist for a couple of years, I've found that the tone
fluctuates considerably. Sometimes it's a friendly, polite and ever
interesting discussion, where differences of opinion are welcomed as a
learning experience. Sometimes it degenerates into personal attacks, as it
has recently. Personally, I tend to scan my e-mail before reading and delete
posts from people who specialize in this method of communication, because it
serves no useful purpose in my world.

Lee Morgan
Mezzo-soprano

emusic.com