Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Jacqueline/Connie" <jaxsobcon@n...>
"Jacqueline/Connie" <jaxsobcon@n...>
Date:  Fri Oct 13, 2000  11:20 pm
Subject:  Re: singing

Just my two cents: almost any voice can benefit
from some instruction.
I have taught numerous people over the years who,
if I had merely looked for fine instruments in my audition
process, would never have had the opportunity to study
and improve as they have.
One lady has turned into a lovely singer and yet, at
her audition, intonation, quality of sound, breath control
and aural skills were quite poor.
She now sings (quite confidently)in a ladies choir and
is considering doing a solo in our Jan. recital.
I also worked with a fellow one time who truly sounded
tone deaf and just wanted to play his guitar and sing
for his own enjoyment. Once I helped him develop his
ear he could do just that. It wasn't the greatest voice
but it suited his purposes. I wouldn't keep someone
like that for a major long term study time but rather,
take them as far as it seemed they could go.
I'm no scholarly pedagogue but as a teacher these have
been two of my experiences.
Jacqueline
www.tbmall.com/slightlyoffbroadway
(gifts/costumes/classes & more)
Read my articles at:
www.suite101.com/welcome.cfm/musical_theatre)
"There's no business like show business"

emusic.com