Vocalist.org archive

From:  Jennifer <ihateegroups@y...>
Jennifer <ihateegroups@y...>
Date:  Thu Oct 12, 2000  8:38 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] FW: Singing

> can vocal lessons
> make a "bad" singer good? I don't have a good
> voice. If I took vocal
> instructions from a good teacher, could I get a good
> voice?

I sounded pretty bad when I first started singing. I
wasn't tone deaf, but the sound that came out of my
mouth was just not very good. Now, after years of
lessons with an excellent teacher, I have a pretty
good voice. Last night, I was telling a couple friends
of mine who have only known me (and my voice) for a
couple of years the story of how bad I was, and how I
was told that no matter how much I practiced it
wouldn't do me any good. My friends didn't believe me
:o). My advice would be, if you really want to learn
how to sing, then go for it! You'll never know unless
you try.

Jennifer