Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Elizabeth Finkler" <mightymezzo@h...>
Date:  Fri Sep 15, 2000  7:10 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] OFF: Vegetarianism and Allergies

>From: Mezzoid@a...

>In a message dated 09/14/2000 10:16:46 PM Central Daylight Time,
>RALUCOB@a... writes:
>
><< i am sure you never get a craving for your cat, just as i, a
>vegetarian,
>never get cravings for hemlock. >>
>

>Here, kitty, kitty, kitty..............
>
>Christine Thomas, Mezzo Soprano
>Wauwatosa, WI

The really USEFUL plant poisons are oleander and foxglove. Cause a heart
attack, which makes them particularly useful for bumping off older men with
unhealthy lifestyles (heh, heh, heh).

Don't have a cat, although there are several in the neighborhood. I just
wish they wouldn't use my garden as a rest room! :-P

Years ago, I heard a comedian do a routine suggesting that we decide which
animals we eat on the basis of their intelligence. The neighborhood cats
scoot right over the fence when I approach. And the chickens raised by the
people in back stopped coming in the yard after I threatened to tell Colonel
Sanders where they lived.

Christine and I probably both saw the same "South Park" episode, about the
New Age lady who said that Kyle's kidney disease could be treated with herbs
and purgatives. There's no talking to us!

And, to get this back to singing, I just discovered that Marilyn Horne has
cancelled her appearance at the San Jose Symphony season-opener tomorrow
night due to a cold. (&$#@!! I was hoping for a chance to touch the hem of
her garment.) How do you suppose she ever had a career when she can be laid
low by a mere virus? Surely she knows the importance of traveling in a
hermetically sealed bubble with her own air purifier and supply of
de-ionized room-temperature water and raw organic veggies!

And why on earth didn't the SJ Symphony think of calling ***ME*** to fill
in? ;-)

Elizabeth Finkler
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JESSYE NORMAN!
http://home.earthlink.net/~mightymezzo/
mightymezzo@h...

"Virtue is triumphant only in theatrical productions." --The Mikado

"Quitters never win. Winners never quit. But those who never win and never
quit are just plain stupid." --anonymousse