Vocalist.org archive

From:  kerubiino@h...
Date:  Mon Sep 11, 2000  6:37 am
Subject:  Re: MED: Nasacort spray??

Just a couple of comments to the kind replies to my Nasacort
question. First of all, I will have to tell you that it has really
helped me. My allergies are also to dust and as I live in a totally
carpeted apartment, I have really been stuffed up.

I have difficulty getting a proper head/mask resonance if my nose is
stuffed (no wonder!!) and also breath control is way better when your
nostrils are clear. So for me, this medication has been a big help.

I did not ask my ENT about effects to the chords, but obviously I
told him that I sing. I did however discuss the potential drying out
of the nasal membranes (like Mike I am very much into water and being
well hydrated) and he said that it will dry my nostrils out but this
is what we are after isn't it?? I had to agree. Naomi, I probably
won't see him again for some months but on my next visit I'll ask him
your question and let you know what he says.

Then we discussed reducing the dosage and it is simple. At first you
do two squirts to each nostril every morning, then you can reduce it
to one. If this is fine too, then you can reduce it to one squirt
every other day.

Best regards, Kerubiino

emusic.com