Vocalist.org archive

From:  Ernie Valenzuela <erniev@2...>
Date:  Sat Sep 2, 2000  6:40 pm
Subject:  [vocalist-temporary] French Carmen?

Although they weren't native Francophones & not even
in the same fach/genre - I'd say these two were great
representatives of the french style & probably recorded
the arias from the opera. In any event - they are terrific
interpreters: Victoria de los Angeles & Maria Callas.
de los Angeles moreso than Callas - but - I say Callas
because she was a well studied & thoughtful interpreter
of just about anything she sang!

And how about Agnes Baltsa & Teresa Berganza?

EV
Muddying the waters even more!