Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Kittisak Chooklin" <hm381119@w...>
Date:  Sat Aug 26, 2000  9:42 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] falsetto vs countertenor

Actually, I would like to know what the difference between counter-tenor's voice and falsetto too.  This is because last few weeks ago, accidentally, I went to a music shop and found a new singer (forgot the name), and when I listened to him the first thing in my head was "he has a very high and beautiful voice!."  However, when I listened to another songs of his album, I realised that the voice sounded like falsetto, even I could do it.  So, the question here again is if that guy is called counter-tenor from his voice, but to me it sounds falsetto, it means that I could be a counter-tenor then, because I could sing like that too?

So, there should be some different points that will help us tell this is falsetto singing or a singer is counter-tenor, shouldn't there?