Vocalist.org archive

From:  Matthew Murray <mmurray@c...>
Date:  Sun Jun 11, 2000  8:13 am
Subject:  Inter arytenoid question.

At the behest of my voice teacher, I went to see a local ENT. He
gave me a sort-of thorough examination and said that, while I don't have
any nodules on my vocal cords, there is some redness and swelling on the
inter arytenoid surfaces. However, since he isn't really an expert on
singing (I saw him because the more musically knowledgeable one isn't
available for more than a month), he said he wasn't sure exactly what sort
of misuse or vocal problem might have caused that. Has anyone else ever
encountered this problem? Can anyone tell me anything about it? Is it
difficult to recover from? I would really appreciate any information.
Thanks a lot!

Matthew A. Murray - mmurray@c... - http://www.wwu.edu/~mmurray
A critical history of computer gaming: | "I'm up among the stars, on earthly
Over 195 computer game reviews, covering | things I frown, I'm throwing off the
games from 1977 to the present! | bars that held me down... Who could
| ask for anything more?"
http://www.wwu.edu/~mmurray/Reviews.html | --The Gershwins, from Crazy for You

2353 Re: Inter arytenoid question. michael.chesebro   Sun  6/11/2000   3 KB
2355 Re: Inter arytenoid question. Lloyd W. Hanson   Sun  6/11/2000   2 KB
2359 Re: Inter arytenoid question. Scott Drackley   Mon  6/12/2000   4 KB
2361 Re: Inter arytenoid question. John Messmer, M.D.   Mon  6/12/2000   2 KB
2395 Re: Inter arytenoid question. john schweinfurth   Tue  6/13/2000   3 KB
2421 Re: Inter arytenoid question. Anne Cronvich   Wed  6/14/2000   2 KB

emusic.com