Vocalist.org archive

From:  Deborah Spencer <singsoprano2003@y...>
Date:  Tue Mar 4, 2003  6:09 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Counter Tenors

Hi everyone,
I currently have started a new job in a department with about 55 students. I
have a masterclass situation coming up and wondered what you listers thought
would be a useful topic or focus for this group. It is at a girls school with a
wide range of experience and ability all highschool age. The other singing
teacher suggested stage craft and I thought of interpretation.
I wondered if any of you think some other topic would be useful. Also in both of
the topics mentioned I would be grateful for any ideas you may have on what
should be covered. I have some myself, however I want to make sure I do a good
job and wish to focus on the most productive areas.
Thankyou
Deborah
"Lloyd W. Hanson" <lloyd.hanson@n...> wrote:Dear Ed and Vocalisters:

I find your comments on counter-tenor to be extremely contradictory.
You appear to define a category for a singer and then give examples
of how that category does not apply. Am I misreading you?

The topic of countertenors has been discussed at great length on this
list . . .very great length. I would encourage everyone interested
the countertenor phenomenon to to consult the archives for this
information. We have one countertenor (Tako Oda) on this list who is
very well informed about this voice type.
--
Lloyd W. Hanson

- Exchange IMs with Messenger friends on your Telstra or Vodafone mobile phone.

emusic.com