Vocalist.org archive

From:  Margaret Harrison <peggyh@i...>
Date:  Sun Feb 16, 2003  3:35 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] classical music today...

>You have to be tought to love it? hmm...

For the record, no teacher taught me to love classical
music. I heard it, I loved it from the start. The music I
had to accustom myself to like was the music they played on
the radio top 40 stations. I spent time with it because
friends of mine liked it and I wanted to be sociable.
Clearly, there's lots of good stuff there, worth spending
time with, so I was glad for it. But it didn't come
"natural".

So there!

Peggy

--