Vocalist.org archive

From:  Edward Norton <belcantist2003@y...>
Date:  Tue Feb 11, 2003  5:14 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Re: Is there a "mix-falsetto" thing

Dear Les and All:
"I am fairly certain that Everett Anderson, my teacher in graduate
school USF Tampa, studied with William Vennard. He used the yawn-sigh
in nearly every lesson he gave to both men and women. He also used a
sob-like descending siren that was quite effective."

I was interested to hear Marilyn Horne do the same vocalise in her 12/01
Masterclass at the NC School of the Arts that Vennard uses in this lp set! The
Italian "A" vowel on a pure, yawny 5,4,3,2,1,2,3,4,5! Horne credited her long
career to this exercise. The voice is as glorious today as it was when I first
heard her in 1975! She is quite a delightful, remarkable person!

Ed

emusic.com