Vocalist.org archive

From:  Karen Mercedes <dalila@R...>
Date:  Thu Jan 16, 2003  3:40 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Looking for a farewell song

On Wed, 15 Jan 2003, Rachel Parker wrote:

> not too corny or sappy. I keep coming back to the Irish blessing "May
> the road rise to meet you" -- something along those lines.

I've always used the traditional Irish song "The Parting Glass" for
farewell situations. This would not, however, be appropriate for a Baptist
or someone attending AA.

Another wonderful "farewell" song is Noel Coward's "Come the wild, wild
weather". This one is particularly good because it isn't at all romantic,
but is very much a song for friends who are parting.

Noel Coward also wrote another good "farewell" song, "I'll see you again"
(from the operetta BITTER SWEET).

A bit more sentimental, but very lovely, is the WWII "classic" by Kahal
and Fain, "I'll be seeing you".

If you're interested in one of the first three of the above and can't
track down the music, please let me know.

Karen Mercedes
http://www.radix.net/~dalila/index.html
One must be something if one
wishes to put on appearances.