Vocalist.org archive

From:  "darrell stevens" <stevens123456@a...>
Date:  Sun Jun 4, 2000  1:37 pm

Dear Listers:

I direct our church (Presbyterian) Christmas program every year. I
would like to structure the program around some classical music, such
as the Christmas Oratorio (I'm open to other suggestions) this year.
My question is, do you have any suggestions for where I might find,
or how I might write, a script around such music? Most of the
commercial cantatas out there, the kind that tell a story, don't seem
to have very good music.I'd also like to use well-known rather than
original music this year, although I'm not hard-and-fast about that
either. I'm still pretty new at this and may be overlooking some well-
known source; and I'm not musically adept enough to pick up a piece
of music and be able to tell if it works or not, although I have
access to those who are.

Any suggestions, either for the program itself or for web sites, etc.
where I might look for this kind of thing would be most welcome.

Thanks so much,
Darrell Stevens (stevens123456@a...), Columbia, MD

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
2133 Re: Christmas program Jennifer   Mon  6/5/2000   3 KB

emusic.com