Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Colin Reed" <colin-reed@l...>
Date:  Mon Oct 21, 2002  5:56 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Re: Falsettofrom Lloyd W. Hanson DMA to Mary Beth.....

----- Original Message -----
From: "vintageconnection" <kriswrite@a...>
To: <vocalist-temporary@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: 21 October 2002 15:12

> This is not the traditional definition of "falsetto," which is a man
> singing in a woman's range. It also refers to a sound that cannot be
> connected to the chest voice...I have not heard a woman sing in a
> falsetto like voice who could not connect it to the chest voice. Is
> there such a thing?
>
> Kristina

Lead singer from the Cranberries (don't know her name). To a certain
extent, Whitney Houston. Especially listen to her recording of "I will
always love you". When she "yells" in chest voice during the chorus, you
can really hear it flip into falsetto and then back. No connection at all
between the two registers that I can hear.

Colin Reed, tenor
Newark, UK

emusic.com