Vocalist.org archive

From:  Karen Mercedes <dalila@R...>
Date:  Fri Sep 27, 2002  3:06 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] soprano with violin

On Thu, 26 Sep 2002, Dolphin aura wrote:

> I would love to do a piece in my recital with a
> violin. Any suggestions. I am a soprano

I just picked up a lovely sacred piece for high voice, violin, and piano,
"The Prodigal Son" by American composer (and Charles Ives contemporary) George
Chadwick.

Some others:

Amy Beach: Hymn of Trust; Ecstasy op 19 no 2; Three Browning Songs op 44

Arthur Bliss: Four Songs for soprano, violin, and piano

Heitor Villa-Lobos: Suite for soprano, violin, and piano

Sergei Rachmaninoff: Song for Soprano, Violin, and Piano op 4 no 4
(the violin accompaniment was actually composed by Rachmaninoff's friend,
violin virtuoso and composer Fritz Kreisler)

Louis Spohr: Six Songs op 154

J.S. Bach: arias from the following cantatas: BWV 36, 58, 84, 97, 105,
115, 171, 187, 197, 202, 204, 232

Gustav Holst: Four Songs op 35

Alan Hovhaness: Hercules op 56 no 4

Ralph Vaughan Williams: Along the Field

Boris Blacher: Francesca da Rimini op 47

Gyorgy Kurtag: Kafka-Fragmente op 24

Maks Goldin: Eighteen Jewish Folk Songs

Rebecca Clarke: Three old English Songs for soprano and violin

Dietrich Erdmann: Fuenf Gesaenge fuer Soprano, Violine und Klavier

Karen Mercedes
http://www.radix.net/~dalila/index.html
I want to know God's thoughts...
the rest are details.