Vocalist.org archive

From:  Amanda Kelley <mandasings@y...>
Date:  Tue Sep 17, 2002  12:26 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] narrowing down college list for undergraduate studies

Here's another vote for Baldwin-Wallace. Being a conservatory graduate (there
are a few of us floating around on the list), I can say that we definately have
a dramatic edge over other programs. B-W has an elite musical theatre program
with high rankings that trains alongside the voice performance program. It is
amazing to see how our graduates compare. The vocal instruction is generally
good and seems to represent many different schools of thought. If you're
interested in knowing more about the different teaching styles and teachers,
Trevor and I can probably answer all of your questions. As far as language and
diction, I think the education was fair (although, language and diction are
really what you make them). B-W requires a really thorough theory and history
curriculum, too. And, classes are very small (I've had diction classes with 6
students). The down-side is the cost (although, nothing like Oberlin), but part
of the reason I chose B-W was for their fine grant and scholarship program which
tends to make up for the cost. Performance opportunities in the Cleveland area
are very nice as well. :) Good luck!
Mandi

Yahoo! News - Today's headlines

emusic.com