Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Valerie Williams" <vocalsplendor@d...>
Date:  Tue Sep 17, 2002  6:15 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Re: list home

Hi all,

I can see both sides in this. I am also tired of the spam that I am getting
with my yahoo lists. I can see where moving the list to a "permanent"
location will give us some relative security and a professiona aura to some.
For others, however, the academic setting may be a turn off.

However, I think the REAL issue is creating a web page for our list so we
can bring in new subscribers. Who really goes to Yahoo and searches for
subjects they're interested in? In the old days with Marko, the web site
brought in lots of new posters and the list had up to 700 subscribers. (I
think). Some were Maraiah wannabes but other became regular posters with a
lot to offer. I miss that level of interaction since we came to yahoo.

A keyword-rich home page with links to the mail list (wherever it may be),
would be the best long term investment and it would re-vitalize the list,
IMO.

Valerie Williams

http://www.vocalsplendor.com

Music, the greatest good that mortals know, And all of heaven we have below.
~ Joseph Addison ~

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
20202 Re: list homeJohn Link johnlink010254 Tue  9/17/2002
20206 Re: list homeJohn Cheshire conn1922 Tue  9/17/2002

emusic.com