Vocalist.org archive

From:  Greypins@a...
Date:  Tue Sep 17, 2002  1:26 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] list home

we are not a professional list. yes, a lot of us probably are
professionals but, a lot are not. the nature of our discussions is neither
professional nor academic. placing us at a university will not elevate our
standing anymore than becoming a janitor at a university would. the nature
of our discussions is varied. it is more of a social club with open
membership. if housing us at a university would change that, i would be
against it. frankly, i don't think it will make a difference at all, in
that respect.

with regard to yahoo using our addresses as they please: don't they
already have them?

would there be restrictions placed on us by the university, that we
don't currently have?

what if lloyd left the group or, severed his ties with the university?
what then?

would attracting new members be less likely as the university is
probably not as widely 'hit' as yahoo?

and what about censorship? would we be expected to follow certain
'guidelines'?

if it doesn't make any difference, i don't care.

mike

emusic.com