Vocalist.org archive

From:  buzzcen@a...
Date:  Sun Jul 21, 2002  12:04 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Use of Chest Voice (WAS re: classical training)

In a message dated 7/20/2002 11:51:49 PM Central Daylight Time,
bandb@n... writes:

> While I'm here, the idea of "classically trained" singers changing
> over to "speech level" singing as someone has said, implies that
> speech level sing is NOT a classical technique. Be that as it may,
> it also suggests that the person who had not yet attained a smooth
> transition from chest to head voice, had not nearly achieved a
> "classical training."
> Strange that such silliness should be discussed.

Was that brought up recently? I don't believe it was. The idea of
classically trained singers trying to sing pop (especially females) trying to
come out of chest without a huge disconnect or timbre change (these two
issues are huge realities) was.

Randy Buescher

emusic.com