Vocalist.org archive

From:  buzzcen@a...
Date:  Fri Jul 5, 2002  5:02 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Richard Miller

In a message dated 7/4/2002 10:35:24 AM Central Daylight Time,
ezweig@e... writes:

> Randy, who could probably provide similar types of workshops, himself
> [maybe he does?]--why did you attend Miller's workshop(s)?
> Which brings up another question--is there an "Ivy League" level, (to
> borrow
> Caio's phrase) for those, already at that level, to continue and stimulate
> their
> own further enlightenment?

I went because I had heard so much about them. His lecture was excellent,
but just a reiteration of his books, his teaching was OK. I was dismayed by
the fact that so many NATS members (including elected positions of the local
chapter) were so obviously ignorant of his work. If I could reword my
initial post I would because it seemed to implicate Vicki when it was meant
in a broader sense. The people on this list are the exception to the rule
when it comes to voice teaching. Most teachers are not as involved in their
craft as the members of this list.

Randy Buescher

emusic.com