Vocalist.org archive

From:  Karen Mercedes <dalila@R...>
Date:  Tue Jul 2, 2002  5:19 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Video tapes of famous tenors of the past

That tenor video series is still available. It's called BEL CANTO: THE
TENORS OF THE 78 ERA. Volume I covers Caruso, Gigli, and Schipa. Volume II
covers Tauber, Slezak, and Schmidt. Volume III covers Melchior,
Roswaenge, and Bjoerling. Volume IV covers Thill and Kozlovsky.

The Bel Canto Society, which produced the videos, also has a two-tape
series called The Great Tenors (Tape I: Caruso, Gigli, Slezak, Tauber,
Rosvaenge, Wittrisch, Schmidt, Kiepura, Bjoerling; Tape II: Corelli,
Bjoerling, Di Stefano, Bergonzi, Gedda, Bonisolli, Kraus, Luchetti,
Vanzo, Wunderlich), and a tape called Ten Tenors (featuring Schipa,
McCormack, Piccaver, Gigli, Lauri Volpi, Martini, Tagliavini, Kiepura,
Bergonzi, and Corelli).

For more info, the Bel Canto Society website is at:
http://secure2.ihwy.com/belcanto/pages/corecart.html

Karen Mercedes
http://www.radix.net/~dalila/index.html
I will sing with the spirit, and I
will sing with the understanding also.
1 Corinthians 14:15

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
19547 Re: Video tapes of famous tenors of the pastsinger112001   Tue  7/2/2002

emusic.com