Vocalist.org archive

From:  Reg Boyle <bandb@n...>
Date:  Fri May 17, 2002  11:19 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] off topic word for teachers (was Amazing Opera review)

At 08:23 AM 18/05/02 +1000, you wrote:

>Reg Boyle wrote:
>
>> At 08:22 AM 16/05/02 -0400, you wrote:
>> > those who can, do. those who can't, teach. those who can't
teach,
>> >become music critics.
>> >
>> >mike
>> Which brings us back to the customers.
>
>And I have also heard it said: Those who can, teach. Those who can't do
>something less significant. (Teachers, like myself, sometimes need to be
>reminded of this on some of "those" days!)

In the interests of being succinct Helen I quoted mikes slick and rather
feckless
remark, leaving the reader to extrapolate the term "customers" to means that
everyone is a legitimate critic and for mike to indulge himself as he has
done,
falls squarely into the same realm as that which he apparently finds
so tiresome.

I have the greatest respect for teachers who can say and do exactly
what is needed to communicate with a struggling student.

I think it's time you found another paddock to play in for a while mike
rather than run the risk of becoming a bore.

emusic.com