Vocalist.org archive

From:  "patriciamezzo" <patriciamezzo@y...>
Date:  Sun May 12, 2002  5:41 pm
Subject:  Hello

Hi everyone!
I'm so glad that vocalist is back! I used to post on it before
the last one went down. I don't know if any of you would remember
me, but my name is Patricia Combs and I subscribed as
mezzogal@h.... Back then, I posted about my insecurities and
my frustrations about people saying I wasn't a mezzo, and the like.
Mainly, I posted about my problems with self-confidence. Well, I've
made a lot of progress this year, both vocally and emotionally.
I've had a lot of support from my friends and my teacher. I finally
got my first real review for playing the Secretary in UT Opera's
production of The Consul, I'm about to graduate with a Masters in
Vocal Performance, and this summer, I will be portraying Sesto in La
Clemenza di Tito with the Austrian American Mozart Academy along
with fellow lister, Christine Zimmermann. I just wanted to say that
believing in yourself in the most important aspect of beginning a
career in the arts. Your teachers and friends can encourage you all
they can, but until you believe it yourself, you're not going to get
anywhere very quickly. I know this is really corny sounding, but I
just discovered this for myself. It's taken almost 7 years to get
it through my thick skull. Anyway, I'm very glad to see all the
listers that I used to see and all the new ones.

Ciao!

Patricia Combs, mezzo soprano

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
19067 Re: HelloLloyd W. Hanson   Sun  5/12/2002
19072 Re: HelloNaomi Gurt Lind   Mon  5/13/2002
21290 HelloMark Crayton mrcountertenor Thu  12/5/2002
21309 Re: HelloMargaret L. Harrison peggyliebman Fri  12/6/2002
21313 Re: HelloMark Crayton mrcountertenor Fri  12/6/2002
21312 Re: HelloElizabeth Finkler   Fri  12/6/2002
21315 Re: HelloMark Crayton mrcountertenor Fri  12/6/2002

emusic.com