Vocalist.org archive

From:  Mezzoid@a...
Date:  Thu Mar 28, 2002  4:50 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Memorizing parts

In a message dated 3/28/2002 10:04:31 AM Central Standard Time,
dalila@R... writes:

> A less sticky alternative is to make two photocopies of the music, one in
> which you can then white out the words, and the other in which you can
> white out the vocal music line. You won't have to worry about removing the
> tape later, if you do it this way. Of course, this isn't particularly
> practical for a 200-page score, but it's certainly do-able for a 40-page
> song cycle, a few arias, etc.

Yeah, I thought of that yesterday .... after my pages were sticking together.
It seemed a pretty good idea at the time! And it still has some merits - I
can always pull it off to refresh my memory. Whiting it out doesn't give me
that option - and it saves paper.

emusic.com