Vocalist.org archive

From:  Pascal Blanchet <paski@v...>
Date:  Sun May 21, 2000  2:41 pm
Subject:  duets for beginners...

Hello, lovely people of the List!

This is my first post, but I read you all each day, with great pleasure,
since a couple of months now. Seeing you so helpful and nice, I ask
today a question of my own.

A bunch of friends and myself are going to a musical camp for our
vacation. For two weeks, all we do is eat and sing, but mostly sing,
which is great! We are amateurs, late beginners in their thirties, but
some of us sound rather good... Here's my question: a friend and I
would like to sing a duet. She is a light soprano, not too fond of high
notes, I am a extra-light tenor very comfortable in the high notes (but
with no middle -- yet! working on it...) I want something simple, not
too long, that we could learn in a week and have fun doing. I am
looking for something like "La ci darem la mano" or Papageno and
Papagena's duet.... but for tenor instead of barytone.

Thanks in advance.

Yours,

Pascal
tenorino leggerino

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
1849 Re: duets for beginners... Lisa M Olson   Tue  5/23/2000   2 KB
1859 Re: duets for beginners... Karen Mercedes   Tue  5/23/2000   2 KB
1871 Re: duets for beginners... Peter Louis van Dijk   Wed  5/24/2000   2 KB

emusic.com