Vocalist.org archive

From:  Ms Christine Zimmermann <zimmecp@y...>
Date:  Sat Mar 23, 2002  7:20 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Need creative ideas...

There is an event in Dallas every year (i think to
raise money for the local classical radio
station...but am not sure) OPERA KARAOKE! Non singers
(but still fans) do this...You might be able to mix
this with an event for prof. singers...and come up
with something that will raise awareness and interest.
People could pay to do the karaoke during the opera
bowl!
Good Luck!!!!
Christine Z

--- Laura Ruiz <laura@l...> wrote:
> Hi there,
> As most of you know, I just recently founded an
> opera company. Even
> though we are a non-profit, it's a little too early
> to apply for many
> grants, and a bit too early to actually receive any
> money yet from
> grants we've applied for. Therefore, we need to do
> some fund-raising
> for our first production. Of course there are lots
> of things that could
> be done: We could hold a gala performance,
> fund-raiser recitals, all
> that sort of thing. But I'm looking for something
> with a bit of a
> creative edge to it. Something that others haven't
> done to death. Know
> what I mean? For instance, I was thinking about an
> Opera Bowl afternoon
> - you bowl, bid on items, have live operatic
> entertainment, and have the
> bowling alley put opera on the sound system during
> the tournament. Do
> you think something like that would work?
>
> My bigger question though is: Do you have any great
> and creative ideas
> off the top of your head? Maybe they've never been
> tried, or maybe your
> group was successful with this particular
> fund-raiser. The problem I'm
> finding is that most places to research fund-raising
> ideas specialize in
> sports groups fund-raisers or school groups. That
> sort of thing. I've
> copied down some of the better ideas to think about
> and see if they
> might be able to be modified for our purposes. But
> any ideas anyone
> feels so inclined to pass on would be greatly
> appreciated!!!
>
> Thanks in advance to all,
>
> Laura Ruiz
>
> Founder / Artistic Director
> Lyric Opera of Los Angeles (LOLA)
> http://www.LyricOperaLA.org

http://movies.yahoo.com/

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
18211 Re: Need creative ideas...Laura Ruiz   Sat  3/23/2002
18218 Re: Need creative ideas...EdgewoodVoiceStudio   Sun  3/24/2002
18220 Re: Need creative ideas...Ms Christine Zimmermann   Sun  3/24/2002

emusic.com