Vocalist.org archive

From:  buzzcen@a...
Date:  Mon Mar 11, 2002  1:32 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] fry, modal and falsetto

In a message dated 3/11/2002 1:17:45 AM Central Standard Time,
lloyd.hanson@n... writes:

> What you refer to as a "resonance scheme" implies that chest, head
> and falsetto singing do not display unique and different vocal fold
> functions but are merely examples of different resonance effects.
> Although resonance has a most pronounced effect on the vocal folds it
> does not negate the individual vocal fold function that is
> represented in chest, head and falsetto. Vocal fold function in head
> voice is most definitely unique and different from vocal fold
> function in chest voice. Falsetto is yet again different.

Good description. I'd like to add that the resonance not only affects vocal
fold function but that the resonance is the by product of the function.
Chest voice and head voice will create different resonance schemes and the
way we then manage those schemes in return has an impact on cord function.
It is very mutually causal in that way.

Randy Buescher

emusic.com