Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Elizabeth Finkler" <mightymezzo@h...>
Date:  Thu Feb 7, 2002  8:19 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Bitter sweet!

Or, there are other possibilities:

1) They're renting the costumes or using them out of stock, and need a
Yum-Yum who will fit the available wedding kimono.
2) The stage director figures that every pretty girl has a fat friend.

Actually, as far as professional theaters go, I've noticed that the audition
notice will state whether a role has been pre-cast. Semi-pro and community
theaters often sin in this area... but there's always the chance that a) the
pet singer will be unable to do the show or b) you'll knock 'em out at the
audition and get cast.

As far as getting the necessary "power" on Peep-Bo's notes, perhaps you can
take the music to your teacher for work and suggestions. This may be a good
time to get your chest voice in shape.

Elizabeth Finkler
mightymezzo@h...