Vocalist.org archive

From:  "elly28_03" <bellavocemia@h...>
Date:  Tue Feb 5, 2002  9:36 pm
Subject:  Weighty Issue??

Hi everyone!

After I read the article on Richard Margison I found myself pondering.

I recently had a conversation my my voice teacher about weight. He
definately thinks it will be to my advantage to lose weight. If I am
to be mature about this I would agree.

What I want to know is this, what are your opinions about extra weight
on an Opera singer?

It is certain that excess weight can raise some serious health issues
but does it really cause vocal difficulties?

If so, is it not more an issue of exercise than losing weight?
I believe some of us are genetically predisposed to having weight
problems but are healthy none the less.
Its with a giggle that I add, those after show snacks are killer! :)
AKA my downfall!
Kudos! Elly

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
17243 Re: Weighty Issue??Lee Morgan   Tue  2/5/2002
17252 Re: Weighty Issue??peggyh@i...   Wed  2/6/2002
17259 Re: Weighty Issue??richard@r...   Wed  2/6/2002

emusic.com