Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Lloyd W. Hanson" <lloyd.hanson@n...>
Date:  Sun Feb 3, 2002  2:05 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] menopause

Dear TinaO and Vocalisters:

You wrote:
>I think the fact that it was distracting means that she wasn't mixing
>properly, and had to cover up a hole there by using her chest in a way that
>wasn't appropriate. That, to me, further illuminates my sense that she is
>mixing from top down, which in my own personal experience, does create holes
>in that lower middle voice area from not having the column open enough. One
>has the dilemma of a hollow-sounding F that is too heady and weak, or a harsh
>sounding F that is too chesty and disconnected from the balanced column of
>real bel canto technique.

REQUEST: May I ask what, exactly, you mean when you speak of
"create(s) holes in that lower middle voice area from not having the
column open enough." The words "column open enough" in particular is
the phrase that I would like explained in more detail. Thanks

--
Lloyd W. Hanson
Flagstaff, Arizona

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
17203 Re: menopausethomas mark montgomery   Sun  2/3/2002

emusic.com