Vocalist.org archive

From:  ODivaTina@a...
Date:  Sat Feb 2, 2002  8:39 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] re: horne vs. von stade, was: menopause

In a message dated 2/2/2002 12:21:48 PM Pacific Standard Time,
Greypins@a... writes:

> if i remember correctly, there are only a few small openings in the
> entire 'instrument' so, i can't say that i could picture the instrument
> being
> 'fully open', in a literal sense. do you mean 'hollow'? and what about

Yes, open and hollow. It is a wind instrument, with a crook in it.
I suppose amputees would feel the work to support that openness in whatever
was left of their limbs, if they were able to then lean against their
prosthetics. (Or is that a rhetorical question?) To quote Ms. Horne again,
her inner thighs and legs were what got tired by the end of a performance,
not so much anything above that.
TinaO

emusic.com