Vocalist.org archive

From:  Mezzoid@a...
Date:  Fri Jan 18, 2002  3:44 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Re: Charlotte

In a message dated 01/17/2002 9:40:24 PM Central Standard Time,
ipiggy7@y... writes:

<< As a rock singer who takes classical voice lessons I hope someday to have
the income and fame of Charlotte Church - that way when the "experts" discuss
how badly I suck, I can laugh all the way to the bank. >>

Well, hopefully she's investing that money well, because the girl is in vocal
trouble and may not have a career in 5 years. It is a pretty voice, there is
no questioning that... but if you watch her sing, it is very troublesome.
It's not all about what you hear, because that is the sound engineer's
domain. Voice training involves watching as well as listening.

<<To my semi-trained ear when I listen to Charlotte she sounds fine,similar
to many other classical singers only with a better tone quality than your
average high
soprano.>>

You chose your initial adjective well. I have to disagree with you about the
rest of your sentence. Again, it's a question of listening to the voice
without the interference of electronics. We haven't got that option, for the
most part.

Christine Thomas
Wauwatosa, WI
<A HREF="http://hometown.aol.com/mezzoid/myhomepage/profile.html">
http://hometown.aol.com/mezzoid/myhomepage/profile.html</A>

"I love to sing-a, about the moon-a and the June-a and the spring-a"

emusic.com