Vocalist.org archive

From:  ODivaTina@a...
Date:  Sun Jan 13, 2002  1:44 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] the PERFECT teacher

In a message dated 1/12/2002 1:32:47 PM Pacific Standard Time,
peggyh@i... writes:

> But what if it gets back to her that this isn't true, that
> you're studying with someone else? I never advise lying.
> Rather, find a truth to tell that you're comfortable with,
> and say it politely and tactfully. If the response is
> negative, it doesn't reflect on you, but on the person BEING
> negative.

Peggy, I couldn't agree with you more. And Lea Ann, it is IMPERATIVE that you
deal with this in a professional, upright and up-front manner, with tact and
caring, and simple truth. The fact that this woman has whatever issues she
has should not in any way impact your ethics of communication. And if you
allow it to, aren't you enabling her to draw you into her web? Why would you
want that in your life?
TinaO

emusic.com