Vocalist.org archive

From:  Margaret Harrison <peggyh@i...>
Date:  Thu Jan 3, 2002  4:45 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Re: Some tips on dealing with an audience please!

Somebody earlier wrote that a way to deal with this issue
(which I assume is in the arena of more popular-type music
rather than classical) is to prepare something to say. I
think preparation is the key, but I want to expand on that
idea a little.

My suggestion is to prepare for your repartee the same way
you prepare to sing your music. If you have music that you
feel clueless about, or you want to find a way to perform it
better or differently than you can do on your own - you find
a coach that is expert in that type of music and work with
him/her.

So in your case, you can find training a number of ways. A
private drama coach (to work out the non-musical aspects of
your performance, including audience interation), an acting
class - or better yet, an improvisation class.

Good luck!

Peggy

--
mailto:peggyh@i...