Vocalist.org archive

From:  Greypins@a...
Date:  Wed Jan 2, 2002  5:56 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Regarding the Am I a tenor or bass-baritone question

In a message dated 1/2/2002 12:53:31 PM Eastern Standard Time,
johnlink@n... writes:

<< But plenty of people do hear a trumpet and say "that's Miles", or a
guitar and say "that's Pat", or a saxophone and say "that's 'Trane".

but it's always 'that's miles' playing a trumpet, the same trumpet anyone
else can pick up and the distinction between miles and chet baker is a fine
distinction in their use of the same instrument. which reminds me, voices
start off as different instruments.

mike

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
16128 Re: Regarding the Am I a tenor or bass-baritone qJohn Link   Wed  1/2/2002

emusic.com