Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Dale Gillespie" <bigtenordale@a...>
Date:  Tue Jan 1, 2002  8:57 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Regarding the Am I a tenor or bass-baritonequestion

Hello again,

Possibly I took this the wrong way.

John Link wrote:
>Gerardo wrote:
>
>I've heard there have been a number of people who believed you can sing
anything you wanted...

>I'm puzzled about the apparent popularity of the view that says you can sing
only what is deemed to be appropriate for a category to which you supposedly
belong. Where does such thinking come from? And why would musicians (artists!)
subscribe to such a narrow view.

>Sing what you want!
>John Link

If we take it the way John Link took it, I wholeheartedly agree.
I sing anything I want to (but of course in my range so it is comfortable). Even
though I am a Tenor I sing all sorts of things that are sung by Baritones and
Basses and Soprano's etc. I sing Sinatra, Dean Martin, Elvis, Bing Crosby, etc.

Sing what you want!

Exactly. SING WHAT YOU LIKE AND WANT TO. But always sing it in your own range.
---
Dale Gillespie - Tenor
bigtenordale@a...
Phone: 604-945-6273
Cell: 604-818-8427
Coquitlam, BC
Canada

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
16108 Re: Regarding the Am I a tenor or bass-baritonequJohn Link   Tue  1/1/2002

emusic.com