Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  "michael.chesebro" <michael.chesebro@w...>
Date:  Sun Dec 23, 2001  4:48 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] How to build vocal endurance- Tips wanted for Newbie to group

At 06:57 PM 12/22/2001 -0000, you wrote:
>I am an R & B singer with a live band. I have just begun doing pro
>gigs and I am finding it hard to sing as the night goes on due to
>fatigue. . . .

>I also find that the longer I warm up I tend to lose some of my low
>notes. What causes this?

You need to go to a voice teacher. Exercises disconnected from phonation
are of little value. You need to learn how to manage your voice, not
strengthen your body. I would encourage you to continue the exercise for
general health purposes that will lend better endurance to all activities,
but, your voice needs specific training and discipline in its use.

Best of luck.

Mike

Michael E. Chesebro, M.A.,C.C.C., S.L.P.
Voice & Fax: 562/983-9965
Wireless: 562/884-2122

emusic.com