Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  John Link <johnlink@n...>
Date:  Fri Nov 30, 2001  4:47 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] What to do about a freaky lower range

Catherine wrote:

>I can sing over an octave below
>middle C - it's not pretty,but any means, but the tone is decent down to
>the D below middle C. Here's the problem - my upper range has hardly
>increased at all, especially in terms of sustaining notes. I can sing
>up to D6 and sometimes squeak out a E6, but they are most definitely
>"not pretty" and hanging on to them for any lenghth of time is just not
>an option at all!

Catherine, you describe your voice as having a range of over three
octaves ("over an octave below middle C...up to D6 and
sometimes...E6), but on the bottom "not pretty" and on the top "not
pretty". I'm curious to know what part of your range you actually
like. From where to where is that part of your voice?

John Link

http://www.mp3.com/JohnLinkFeldenkrais

emusic.com