Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  Cyndee Szymkowicz <cyndeesings@y...>
Cyndee Szymkowicz <cyndeesings@y...>
Date:  Thu Nov 22, 2001  10:48 am
Subject:  funny words to Xmas carols, others..

Re the thread about Xmas carols (see, taking the
Christ out of Christmas), I remember only a bit of a
wonderful parody of Rudolf, which was "Alex the
glassy-assed reindeer". One stormy Christmas night,
Santa came to say, Alex with your ass so bright, won't
you be my tail light?"

Going further astray, I LOVE parodies to opera
melodies. From Karen Bureau, I learned a few that the
Walkueries sang while rehearsing in Seattle: to the
tune of Ride of the Valkyries:

"We ride through the wild skies
Picking up dead guys
Showing our fat thighs,
Ho-jo-to-ho"

Also, to the tune of "My Boyfriend's Back":
Well, Wotan's back, and there's going to be trouble,
Hey lah, hey lah, Wotan's back.

Helen Bickers, a FABULOUS soprano working in Germany
has a very quick wit, and pops out with hysterical
lines to music at the drop of a hat. I not only can't
think that fast, I can't even remember the ones I
hear! Does anyone have any other good ones to share?

Happy Thanksgiving to you all -- this day always makes
me a bit homesick. I'm skipping Thanksgiving this
year, as I'm just getting over a bad cold/sinus
infection, and have a heavy Richard-Strauss-Abend on
Nov. 30th. If anyone's in the Mannheim/Heidelberg
area and wants to come, e-mail me at
CyndeeSings@y... Margaret Singer is accompanying
CyndeeSings@y... Margaret Singer is accompanying
me. Program: Vier Letzte Lieder, Malven (the VERY
last song), arias and excerpts from Ariadne,
Rosenkavalier, Elektra, Die Aegyptische Helena, and
Salome.
Cyndee

15484 Re: funny words to Xmas carols, others.. Elizabeth Finkler   Fri  11/23/2001   3 KB
15485 Re: funny words to Xmas carols, others.. Deal Diva Laura   Fri  11/23/2001   4 KB
15527 Re: funny words to Xmas carols, others.. Greypins@a...   Tue  11/27/2001   2 KB

emusic.com